Procedure - Booking in times of Covid-19
CHECK THIS PAGE REGULARLY
This document is part of strategy to conduct research during the Covid-19 pandemic. This document describes the booking policy. For more information, go to the GIfMI website (http://gifmi.ugent.be) or contact Rik.Achten@UGent.be (GIfMI Director), Pieter.Vandemaele@UGent.be (GIfMI Site Manager) or Stephanie.Bogaert@UZGent.be (GIfMI Research Assistant).
- Researchers book the scanning session time + 1/2 hour extra.
The extra ½ hour allows researchers to properly disinfect all materials and acts as a buffer between scanning sessions.
The extra ½ hour will not be charged as long as the rules apply.
REMARK: FROM JULY 1st ON, THE EXTRA HALF HOUR IS NOT NEEDED, UPDATE YOUR BOOKINGS ACCORDINGLY
A scanning session will look like this:
RESEARCHER ARRIVES AT TIME OF BOOKING CHECK-IN boot UZ PC and check in using the GIfMI Resource Booking Calendar PREPARATION minimal disinfection, boot scanner, prepare scanner table, setup peripheral equipment, prepare meeting roomPARTICIPANT ARRIVES AT TIME OF BOOKING + 15min ADMINISTRATION fill prescan safety checklist, get ICF INSTRUCTION specific instructions for your experiment PRESCAN TESTING prescan testing if required SCANNING changing, timeout, positioning, scanning, finishing POSTSCAN TESTING postscan testing if required DEBRIEFING fill post-scan checklist, administrative round-up PARTICIPANT LEAVES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE DEBRIEFING shutdown scanner (if last booking of the day) and peripheral equipment (always) CHECK-OUT check out using UZ PC using the GIfMI Resource Booking Calendar DISINFECTION disinfect following the instructions RESEARCHER LEAVES BUILDING BEFORE NEXT BOOKING
- Every booking is dedicated to one participant. If you have more consecutive scanning sessions, they must be booked separately.
- Try booking dayparts by pooling participants. This minimizes empty timeslots and the number of people entering the building in one day.
- Bookings are preferably consecutive to make maximize available scanning time.
- Try to fill as much as possible empty scanning timeslots between bookings. This will optimize the maximum available scanning time.
- The first booking in the morning should start at 9h00. Researchers arrive at 8h30 to prepare.
- If your bookings cannot comply with these rules, contact GIfMI.
- At arrival and at departure, the researcher needs to check in and check out. This can easily be done online.
- Log in on the web calendar
- Click on your booking
- Click on the Check In or Check Out button at the top-right corner, you will get visual feedback
Checking in can only be done after the start time of the booking.
CHECK IN CHECK OUT
- GIfMI will monitor the fair use of the available scanning time. If too much time is booked or the bookings are too scattered, the researcher will be contacted and we will try to find a solution which works for all parties. If persistent violations of the policy still occur, GIfMI has the right to remove the bookings at prior notice.